This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here
Collection

SAMI013.jpg
Click image to enlarge

SAMI013.jpg

Title:SAMI013.jpg
Description:Belmont House is on Belmont drive off Victoria Road Stocksbridge. Victoria Road was also known as "The Low Road" and was where the Horse drawn Hearse had to go to get to Bolsterstone as Shay House lane was too steep. In the 1950s it was used as the Doctors Surgery by a Doctor Roberts and had also been the home and surgery of Dr, W. M. Robertshaw. In 1959 Samuel Fox & Company Limited took over the building and it was used as the offices as part of their Apprentice Training Centre. The building is now used as a Care Home for the elderly.
Date uploaded:21st January 2011
File type:JPG
Reference:SAMI013
Type:Photographs
Subject:Belmont House
Location:Stocksbridge Area - Belmont

There are 124 other items in this folder:

SAMI001.jpg
SAMI002.jpg
SAMI003.jpg
SAMI004.jpg
SAMI005.jpg
SAMI006.jpg

See all items in this folder